EXPLANATION & INFORMATION
- “The Ancient Celtic Festivals and How We Celebrate Them Today” by Clare Walker Leslie and Frank E. Gerace (for ages 9-12)
- “Insifail” from the book “Celtic Wonder Tales” by Ella Young (for ages 9-12)
- “Etains’s Other World” from the book “Celtic Myths” by Sam McBratney
- “Little Grey Rabbit’s May Day” by Alison Uttley (for ages 4-8)
- “On the Morn of Mayfest” by Erica Silverman (for ages 4-8)
- “The Flowers’ Festival” by Elsa Beskow (for ages 3 and up)
CRAFTS / ACTIVITIES
- Wash your face in May dew.
- Pick flowers and make May baskets. (Use instructions for Yule Cornucopias.) Place flower-filled May baskets on neighbors’ door knobs.
- Make flower crowns and daisy chains.
- Decorate a May Bush: This can be a living tree or a branch or clump of a tree brought indoors. Decorate it streamers, ribbons, scraps of cloth, flowers, and colored blown eggs. At dusk, dance around it! The May Bush is representative of the World Tree.