April 1st – 7th
- Decorate for the holiday / make crafts to decorate home and altar.
- Take seasonal (outdoor) pictures with family/friends.
April 8th – 14th
- Firm up ritual plans, if you haven’t already. Will you be attending a festival, local event, a family event, or doing something on your own? If you are planning the ritual, decide on location and script/liturgy.
- Obtain ribbons, pole, etc. and construct a may pole (unless you already have one you use every year).
- Scope out good places to forage various wild foods (especially nettles, and other greens).
April 15th – 21st
- Make menu plans and grocery list.
- Find place to pick/obtain flowers for ritual.
- Start a batch of mead for next year.
April 22nd – 30th
- Shop for menu items.
- Gather Sassafras leaves.
- Pack away winter clothes in Sassafras leaves (an Ozark folk tradition).
- Prepare some menu items in advance (if applicable).
April 31st / May 1st
- Forage for wild greens, if part of feast.
- Pick wild flowers and make garlands, crowns, altar decorations, etc.
- Cook Feast.
- Observe ritual, or honor the Kindreds in one form or another.
- Feast and make merry.