May 23rd – 29th
- Decorate home for the holiday / make crafts to decorate home.
- Take seasonal (outdoor) pictures with family/friends.
- Make a Midsummer playlist.
June 1st – 8th
- Firm up ritual plans, if you haven’t already. Will you be attending a festival, local event, a family event, or doing something on your own? If you are planning the ritual, decide on location and script/liturgy.
- Make sun medallions (if using), as well as any other salt dough or papier-mâché projects (such as a sun-shaped piñata) so they will have time to dry.
June 9th – 15th
- Make menu plans and grocery list.
- Find a place to pick/obtain herbs for making an herb (or herb & flower) chaplet for your Midsummer ritual. (See this School of the Seasons newsletter on magical Midsummer herbs and their uses.)
- Make a sun wheel to bun in Midsummer fire. (Like the giant sun weaving on the summer crafts page at Twig and Toadstool, but perhaps on a smaller scale.)
June 16th – the Solstice
- Shop for menu items.
- Prepare feast.
- Obtain herbs to use in ritual and make herb chaplets, etc.
- Have ritual, make merry, and feast.